Gypsy Masqerade

Gypsy Masqerade

Saturday, November 8, 2008

These are some of the dolls and ATCs I have made. The larger wire altered Art dolls I did about four years ago. I sort of got out of doll making for awhile until I discovered paper art dolls. I had been doing ATCs and got introduced to paper art dolls in one of my groups. I must say it has awakened my muse. For so long I had felt my medication had really dampened my creativity. I really have all the wonderfull people in the groups I belong to to thank for it. I have been truly inspired by the creativity and helpfullness I have encountered. I belong to several groups: ATC_World, Artistradingcards, ATC_connections, Fantasticflat-paperdolls, ATC art dolls, and a Dotee doll group on Swap-Bot. I hope there is nothing wrong with having too much fun!!
I was active for a while in NAMI (National alliance on the mentally Ill)

I spoke to various organizations about mental illness, conducted classes in coping with mental illness and conducted a art group at the NAMI facilties in my town. I dropped out of everything when I had rotator cuff surgery and have not been back since. I had gall bladder surgery following that a few months later. so it was one thing after another and now I have been content to stay at home. Maybe the desire for getting involed again will come back to.

No comments: